Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Repeater Week 2: Day 1, Chest and Back

Remembering my early college days with my hubby, I visualized the fantastic body I owned. Each day I ran a mile and completed a pilates workout. I also regularly swam laps for my swim class, all of which led to my having amazing legs and a miraculously flat stomach, despite my habitual dinner of a ginormous chocolate chip cookie when cafeteria food lacked taste appeal, which was daily.

Last week’s workout schedule fell through the cracks, so I decided to repeat it. I’d planned to begin workout one on Sunday, but since I’d played softball once Saturday and once Sunday, I was pretty pooped. I played outfield and was ‘ever ready’ to catch the ball in my horse-stance squat. It was good for me, and thanks to week 1, I didn’t even notice I was getting a workout, until later.

Eager to return to an amazing body, my first day back to the P90X routine was Monday, though it was so late that my husband did it with me. Between butt slaps and teasing, we pushed each other to do more reps and work harder than either of us had worked out previously. When we were finished, I felt fantastic, and I’d the added bonus of a good time with my husband. If I ever enjoyed P90X before, having a partner I enjoy made it a million times better!

No comments:

Post a Comment