Friday, April 23, 2010

Gone, Baby, Gone!

I didn't do yoga x yesterday, :( I've found that Thursday's are an extremely difficult day to accomplish a workout unless I do it first thing. I could've done it during nap time, but alas I did not.

So today I was determined like hell to make it up, despite have a busy day ahead planned with exciting things to get ready for the road trip with my girl friend, I did legs, back, abs, and 10 minutes of race walking. I wanted to do pilates too, which uses a lot of core muscles, but decided to rest since I'd completed ab ripper...

But here's the really exciting news. As I was huffing along at the treadmill after completing the other workouts, I noticed that I felt skinnier. My once-tight yoga pants would slip a few inches and I'd have to pull 'em up every other minute. Curious, I took an investigate eye to the problem area and saw that I looked trimmer, more compact. So I finished up my 10 minutes, discovered my scale, balanced it and stepped on. Hmm, and pulling out my red workout journal, I compared the measurements I'd taken on March 21 with today. And then I had to look again. According to the measurements, I have lost 9 pounds! So I did the happy dance and felt encouraged to continue the insanity, noting too that the workouts don't seem so insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment