Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Spastic Muscles

I'm not old! But I feel it! Nerves twittering, muscles stiffened and sore... Somehow I've managed to 'injure' myself enough to make working out a painful chore. I think started the process Easter weekend, when I didn't stretch before or after two baseball games I played, and then I think I made it worse while doing Cardio X, in place of Plyometrics (for variety). Argh... I'm not that out of shape... Am I?

Last night mi esposo y yo were doing Chest and Back. We'd completed round 1 and were in the second set of round 2 when my legs began complaining, well, it was more like quitting. I was in the middle of pull-ups with resistance bands, hunkered on one knee and leaning forward.With each completed rep, my legs felt more and more tingly, in a bad, I don't think this is good, kinda way, and memories of physical therapy flooded my memory. Suddenly I couldn't take it anymore. I know, when you think 'pull-ups' you don't think legs... But somehow they all connect together to work and function. When I told my husband, he said with a determined stare, "That's it, you're done. Go hit the showers."

Devastated, "What about Ab Ripper?"

"You're done."

All right, so I was done. Knowing he was right, I accepted his command and went outside to play with Harley, my Rhodesian Ridgeback, and do some show training, feeling a little reprimanded and reminded of my humanness.

So for tonight's workout, I opted for good old-fashioned running, as it seems that movements to the side or off-center seem to cause the pain to worsen. I think I'll throw my heat pad on my legs again tonight and wake up and to complete x-stretch in the morning. But we'll see how it goes. Each day is not as I expect it to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment