Thursday, April 8, 2010

As For the Carbs...

When I began this workout, I also started following the P90X nutrition guide. Like the exercises, the menu is designed in three stages, the first being called "The Fat Shredder." During this phase of nutrition, you nearly eliminate all carbohydrates, shovel in protein and reduce fat.

After getting used to buying liquid egg whites and eating more than I would on a typical day before P90X, I realized something startling, I don't miss the carbs. Now I think twice before grabbing an English muffin, making whole wheat toast or even eating oranges. Even without eating those foods, it is easy to exceed my daily carbohydrate level, and too much of anything is not good.

So what do I do? I usually start the day off great with breakfast, followed by an approved snack, healthy lunch and afternoon snack. Where I tend to fall apart is dinner, because by this time I've made four meals, (two breakfasts and lunches, and four snacks, some for my daycare kids and some for me) and by the time I reach dinner, I am either not hungry or tired of cooking. But I've still seen results: my jeans are looser, my stomach flatter and my energy level is higher. So while I don't follow the plan perfectly, it has still worked pretty good for me and I’d recommend it for people serious about taking their fitness to the next level.

No comments:

Post a Comment