Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Day 1, Week 2: Chest and Back and Ab Ripper X

Blobs of jello dangle from my upper body. My workout was good and I pushed to the breaking point. At times my body would involuntarily collapse and I'd gingerly get up and shout, “I can do 1 more!” And I would, as if the verbal go ahead could by itself spiral wobbly limbs into action. I guess that’s the power of your mindset.

Of course, it likely helped that going into the workout I was so dang frustrated that I didn’t want to take crap from anything, not even myself, so I didn’t. And Ab Ripper was amazing (simulate sing-song voice in your head.) It hurt, I hurt, but I came out of it feeling stronger and sexier than I went in, and that’s what this is all about, when added with the amazing sense of accomplishment when you're through.

No comments:

Post a Comment