Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Spiced Chai

Do you ever have one of those days where things are only half completed? That's my day today. It's pretty much the end of my definable work day and I look around at a bunch of half-completed projects. I assure you, there is method to half of my madness...

So to harbor the approaching headache and ease my pre-license walk-through stress, I have before me a cup of Big Train Spiced Chai. If you've never tried it you really should. It's this wonderfully creamy blend of yummy and it tastes better than those expensive chai's you buy at coffee shops because you mix it yourself. My favorite combo is 8th Continent Soy milk, 1 scoop Big Train Spiced Chai, and a shot of Coconut liqueur all topped with hazelnut sprinkles. It's fantastic. The only thing you gotta watch out for is your kids, if you have them. Just one sip and they are begging for more!

Aside from chai, today's been pretty good. I finished my last baptismal class and set my baptism date for February 13, 2010. I'm a bit of a romantic, even when it comes to God, but I'm sure He doesn't mind! I only slightly worry that others will think I'm a bit off kilter, but I've decided not to care. Daily devotions make such a huge difference in my day and for the first time in my life God is real to me. I'm so fired up about God. Not in the truly thrilling experience of a good spiritual retreat, the kind that might wear away when you go home. It feels more like the slow burning fire that can heat up any wintery night. It's amazing and so much fun.

Maybe tomorrow I'll get more done. Se la vie!

No comments:

Post a Comment